Seven reasons to book a cook at Christmas.........
Use up those old bananas in a delicious cake. I added blueberries to mine, but you could add any other old soft fruit, such as plums, peaches or raspberries rather than throwing them out! If you make this for your guests when on a job, they will be thrilled because you will be using old fruit instead of throwing it out and they have something yummy to tuck into!
Blueberry & Banana All in One Cake
- 3 over ripe bananas
- 150g caster sugar
- 225g self raising flour (or plain flour and add an extra 2 tsp of baking powder)
- 1 tsp vanilla bean paste
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 egg
- 110ml olive oil
- 50g blueberies, plus a few extra (about 6 to dot on the top before baking)
- Optional: 50g dark chocolate chunks
- Pre-heat oven to 170 degrees celcius
- Line an 8 inch round cake tin with baking parchment
- Peel then mash the bananas in a bowl
- Place ALL ingredients into your food processor (I use a Kenwood K Mix for this)
- Whizz on a high speed until all ingredients are combined
- If using chocolate chunks, add these in now and mix in with a spatula
- Add the mixture to your cake tin and dot with extra blueberries on top (if using)
- Bake for approx 30-40 mins until nicely golden on top and a skewer comes out clean
- Decorate with melted white chocolate or sprinkled icing sugar (entirely optional)
- Enjoy with a cup of tea!
We have recently taken on a job, based in West London, which is catering for the most important little people in London! You will be responsible for catering a variety of Children's Parties across London and will be cooking for HNWI and their little families!
This is a fantastic opportunity for a newly qualified cook, or someone who has perhaps completed a couple of ski seasons, to get some incredible experience under their belt. Alongside catering for the childrens parties, you will also help out with some of the larger events during busy times.
Working with a team of fun people in West London, this is an opportunity for a keen and enthusiastic cook to really get themselves involved with something amazing. If only I could rewind the clock 12 years and I would take this job myself!
See more details here or e mail email@example.com with your CV, and should I think you are suitable for the position I will contact you to discuss.