A tight knit expanding catering company based in south west London with a wide ranging client basis is looking for a new chef to join the team. To be the third person in kitchen under a head chef and a development chef.
Over the last five years the company has been steadily growing and increasing its following of loyal clients. They are now looking for a team player who has the ability to work well under pressure and in busy environments
The role requires an organised, motivated and efficient candidate who will become an integral part of the team.
You will need to have a love of food and share the company passion of producing fresh, seasonal and delicious food. You will need to be pro-active, self-driven, personable and be keen to learn new skills and develop new seasonal dishes..
IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL NEED TO HAVE:
· A good understanding of English
· Full UK Driving License
· Confident and Positive attitude
· A love of food
· At least 1 years experience working in kitchens
· Immaculate personal appearance
· Flexible attitude and willingness to take on tasks as necessary
· Ability to work in pressurised environments
· Be organised and calm under pressure
· Flexible to work morning, evenings and weekends
· Assisting head chefs in food preparation throughout the kitchen
· Learning new skills in the kitchen and learning about food and presentation
· Preparing, cooking and presenting dishes both in house and at external events
· To ensure that cooking and presentation of food is to a constant high standard – ensuring that all dishes are presented to the highest of standards in terms of colour, texture and flavour
· Ensuring high standards of food hygiene and following the rules of health and safety
· Monitoring portion and waste control to maintain profit margins
· To deal with customers at all times in a friendly and helpful manner
· Be a team player
· On duty meal provided
· Uniform provided and laundered
· Fantastic training and development opportunities
· Be part of an exciting, up and coming brand in industry
· Recognition rewards
Normal working hours are 7am to 2pm Monday to Friday with then 5 hours on events each week (these can roll over from quiet to busy weeks) with then any additional events worked ontop of this paid in addition. This person must have a can do and positive attitude, be someone who wants to learn and who would rather work in events than restaurants.
£25,000-£28,000 depending on experience.
Please e mail email@example.com if interested.