Please only apply if you are 100% dedicated and able to commit to the entire stint.
This is a wonderful opportunity to join a new young start up company organising yoga and cycling retreats in Spain (Beuda). There could be the option to join the company on a permanent basis following a successful summer season.
You must be available to be fully committed to the company from either 18th March or 1st April at the latest - End of October 2019. From March 18th - April 18th the work would be based in London on a full time basis and then from 18th April you would be living and working full time in Spain until October.
The chef would have holiday from the 7th-19th July and then again 19th to 30th August 2019. (No retreats booked during this time).
You should have an active interest in health/wellness and be happy to cook more calorific menus for the cycling tours using locally supplied meat and fish, and plant based calorie restricted menus for the yoga/detox retreats. The chef must have knowledge and interest in plant based/special diets but also happy to cook with meat and fish. Retreats will involve breakfast, lunch and dinner for yoga retreat weeks, for the cycling it will be breakfast and dinner onsite but packed lunch.
The retreats run from Saturday-Saturday and you would be cooking for a maximum of 22 people, but usually 12-16.
The menus will be planned ahead before going out to Spain with input from the other members of the team and each person per retreat will be served the same food as they are on a strict calorie intake - so unless there is anyone with a severe allergy to something you will be cooking the same for each person.
You are able to change and adapt your menus each week to make it more interesting and to enable you to use seasonal and available ingredients.
The ideal person will have some training/knowledge in vegan cookery and nutrition but also happy to handle and cook meat and fish, be creative and well versed in cooking for health retreats. You should enjoy fitness/yoga and have an active interest in health. You should be happy to commit to living abroad in Spain May - October. The property is 1 hour 45 minutes north of Barcelona (Beuda). You will be provided with your own room and bathroom at the property and there will be a car to use for the shopping.
The team will also help with shopping and organising and you must be an excellent team member, a go getter and excited about this opportunity. There will be a great team atmosphere and you will become a valued member of the team.
· Responsible for co-development of retreat cuisine
· Full execution of retreat menus during season
· Yoga retreats are calorie restricted & plant based
· Cycling retreats have a higher calorie requirement and will include locally sourced meat and fish
· Sourcing of ingredients
· Responsible for co-creation of recipes to supplement at home programs and follow ups
· Responsible for development of recipes with co founder for ebooks, resources and books in off season
· Workshops & demonstration for clients during retreat weeks
· Responsible for delivery of cuisine for corporate retreat & cycling weeks
· Must be trained in vegan/healthy cuisine
· Must have passion for detoxification, health & nutrition
· Skilled at plating & food styling
· Confident in recipe development
Trials in London ASAP.
If interested please e mail firstname.lastname@example.org