An expanding, small but mighty family-run company that teaches cooking to all ages and abilities is looking for a new member of the team. They are a fun small team bursting with energy and drive, who are seeking a like-minded, fluent English speaker to join the team ASAP.
They are looking for a new team/family member who is a hard-working, confident foodie that can share their passion and cooking knowledge with others in a fun and relaxed way. A multitask-er, who can get their head down and work quickly and efficiently while being easy going, friendly and not being afraid to muck in and get their hands dirty. They are straightforward and to the point so need someone who can take constructive criticism and can be honest and open back. Great future opportunities for the right person as they are looking for someone to expand with them!
The role will include a number of teaching/cooking duties both as an assistant and being solely in charge, as well as general business related responsibilities, including working alongside the office team to expand class/recipe and marketing ideas.
- Assisting chefs
- Mis en place
- Demonstrating and running classes
- Helping and guiding students
- Food shopping
- Recipe testing
- Helping with general kitchen upkeep, including washing up and deep cleaning
- Trialing other chefs
- Training new chefs and KP's
- Some social media management
- Liaising with the office team on new class ideas and food trends
- Thinking of new partnerships and contacting potential affiliates
- Typing up menu's
- Doing fairs in order to promote the business
- Amazing verbal communicator
- Ideally a quick typist
- Attention to detail
- Good knowledge/passion for food
- Fast Learner
- Strong initiative
- Ability to cope with busy and challenging environments and work to fast deadlines
- Strong organisational and prioritising skills
- Fun and upbeat
- Good communicator
- Ability to work independently and as a team
- Highly efficient
- A people person
- Confident manner
- Trustworthy and steadfast
- Resourceful, proactive, innovative thinker
- Ability to develop and maintain strong working relationships both internally and externally
- Hard working and the want to help grow an ever-growing business!!!
PAYMENT & PERKS
- £22k per annum
- 28 Days Holiday (inclusive of bank holidays)
- Workplace pension
- Meals provided when working
Due to some late nights and varying hours, ideally you would live in the South West London area. They need someone who can be flexible with working hours and can work weekdays/nights/weekends/bank holidays etc.
The Cookery School is a funky, fun business that has been running for over 14 years teaching cooking to all ages and abilities! They are a personal company and want to work with like-minded people
No formal teaching experience needed, just good communication skills, approachable and willingness to share your passion and learn the way they do things! They don’t expect everyone to have the broad range of skills that they teach as you will be teaching and learning as you go along.
If interested please e mail email@example.com