"I don't work through agencies"......oh how many times have I heard chefs and cooks tell me this - and believe me, I do understand. You have had bad experiences in the past with larger companies that perhaps have too many jobs and not enough time. Perhaps they have never worked as a chef so don't understand the things us cooks and chefs just 'get'.
I started my agency due to the frustrations I found with other agencies. Whilst I am by nowhere near perfect, I do try to cover the gaps to make my business a success, to keep my staff on my side, as we have to remember - good staff are the people that keep your business going.
I am not saying I reply to every single application within nano seconds, but I do make a conscious effort to respond to each and every applicant, even if I do not believe they would be right for the type of roles I have.
The next time you complain about an agency, perhaps stop and think. Whilst the one dream job you have seen advertised may not have worked for you, there may be another just around the corner. So don't burn your bridges with them - hold your breath and move on, you just never know what the future holds!
Why Cooks should work through Sugarella Cooks
- Do one job for us and get good feedback, it is likely you will then be on speed dial from then forward, bringing lots more business your way
- I have worked as a chef myself and understand the hard work involved. I never undersell cooks and price the jobs fairly.
- If there is an emergency and you find yourself unable to do the job - you just give me a call and I sort a replacement. If you are on your own - what do you do? You have let the client down, and it is likely they will not use you again.
- I have extensive insurance covering for damages in the home or accidents on the job (more information can be asked once you are registered)
- We have a regular pool of lovely clients, so it is likely you will get some nice jobs in wonderful places
- We are an ear at the end of the phone. If you are lonely on a job, worried about a client, I am here to talk. I understand all the anxieties cooks and chefs can go through!
- If you do one job for one of my clients and they ask you back, if you inform me, I offer an incentive where you are entitled to 10% of my fee. Why bother telling me your returning? Look back at point 3.
- I offer a personal and bespoke service, and am here to be the cooks friend, not the enemy.
- I have a number of contacts with chefs who may need a helping hand. If I know you are good, I will often recommend you to a chef in need.
- If I ask you about a job and it is not for you, I will not hold it against you and will call you again! Likewise, if I do not feel a job I have will be the right fit for you I will not ask you to do it.